Sign up here to recieve Dods People Moves briefing in your email inbox every week
- Jo Johnson MP resigned as Minister of State for Universities, Science, Research and Innovation.
- Michelle Donelan was appointed as an unpaid Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Department for Education as maternity cover for Kemi Badenoch MP.
- Cabinet Office: Civil Service Pension Board - Margaret Edwards has been re-appointed as the non-executive Chair.
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport: Susannah Storey took up her role as director general, digital and media.
- Department for Exiting the European Union: Susannah Storey left her role as director general.
- Department for Work and Pensions: The Pensions Ombudsman - Caroline Rookes appointed as chair on an interim basis.
- Scottish Parliament: Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body - Jackson Carlaw resigned as a member; Scottish Parliamentary Bureau – Elaine Smith replaced Rhoda Grant as the representative for Scottish Labour; Economy, Energy and Fair Work Committee - Willie Coffey replaced Angela Constance and Richard Lyle replaced John Mason as a member; Education and Skills Committee - Gail Ross replaced Gordon MacDonald as a member; Equalities and Human Rights Committee - Angela Constance replaced Gail Ross as a member; Finance and Constitution Committee - Gordon MacDonald replaced Willie Coffey and John Mason replaced Emma Harper as a member; Public Petitions Committee - Gail Ross replaced Angus MacDonald as a member; Rural Economy and Connectivity Committee - Emma Harper replaced Gail Ross and Angus MacDonald replaced John Mason as a member.
- Kent County Council: Paul Carter to stand down as leader on 17 October
- By-election Results 5September: Coventry Council – Mattie Heaven elected for Wainbody – Conservative hold (caused by the death of Conservative councillor Gary Crookes); Eden Council – Helen Fearon elected for Penrith South – Conservative gain (caused by the death of Independent councillor Paul Connor); Kingston upon Hull Council – Leanne Fudge elected for St Andrew’s and Docklands – Labour hold (caused by the death of Labour councillor Nadine Fudge).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- James’ Place: Ellen O’Donoghue appointed as executive director.
- ACT for Cancer: Sue O’Lone appointed as director of fundraising.
- Sense: Lord Levy to become the first president.