Arrivals, moves & departures: latest appointments in the civil service, politics and public affairs – March 21
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues on Dods People
- Department for Work and Pensions: Iain Duncan Smith resigned as work and pensions secretary; Stephen Crabb appointed as his successor.
- Wales Office: Stephen Crabb replaced as Welsh Secretary by Alun Cairns.
- Ministry of Justice: Legal Services Board - Jemima Coleman and Michael Smyth appointed as non-lay members and Terence Babbs reappointed as lay member.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Environment Agency - John Curtin appointed as Executive Director for Flood & Coastal Risk Management and Harvey Bradshaw as Executive Director for Environment & Business.
- Department for Communities and Local Government: Jo Farrar appointed director general for local government and public services; Planning Inspectorate - Sarah Richards replaced Steve Quartermain as Chief Executive.
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport: Historic Royal Palaces - Carole Souter appointed as Trustee.
- Department for Education: Equality and Human Rights Commission — David Isaac appointed as Chair.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Josephine Gauld has been appointed Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, replacing Mark Bensberg.
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills: Sam Lister appointed Group Director of Communications.
- Food Standards Agency - David Brooks, Rosie Glazebrook, Stewart Houston and Paul Williams appointed as members of the board.
House of Lords
- Lord Briggs (Crossbench, Life Peer) died on 15th March.
- National Assembly for Wales: Roderick Evans to replace Gerard Elias as Commissioner for Standards.
- Arts Council of Wales - Alan Watkin, Richie Turner and John Carey Williams appointed as members.
- Northern Ireland Assembly: Eddie Lynch named as the new Commissioner for Older People.
David Normington reflects on Patel v Rutnam stand-off amid reports department faces...
Professionals’ union Prospect wades into row over government’s failure to reduce contribution...
Cabinet secretary says greater use of automation will allow for better rates
High Court move will challenge government’s failure to reduce contributions following...
How can local authorities and government departments ensure that civil servants are able to...
PA Consulting offers a four-point plan to delivering organisational transformation
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
One in four workers in the UK has financial worries. In this article, Elaine Jefferys, Money...