Latest civil service & public affairs moves — July 27
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: Ofcom – Melissa Tatton to become interim group director, corporate in September.
- Department for Transport: Highways England – Dipesh J Shah to replace Colin Matthews as chair.
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy – Sarah Munby became permanent secretary on 20 July. Financial Reporting Council – Mark Babington has been appointed executive director, regulatory standards, while Alex Kuczynski has been appointed executive director, corporate services and general counsel. Groceries Code Adjudicator – Mark White to replace Christine Tacon as adjudicator later in the year and will work alongside her as deputy in the interim.
- HMRC – Melissa Tatton to stand down as Valuation Office Agency chief executive.
Houses of Parliament
House of Lords
- Lord Morris of Handsworth (Labour, life peer) retired from the House of Lords on 21 July.
House of Commons
- Backbench Business Committee – Gareth Bacon replaced Nickie Aiken as a member.
- Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee – Ian Levy replaced Daniel Kawczynski as a member.
- Procedure Committee – James Gray and Douglas Ross replaced Anthony Mangnall and Gary Sambrook as member.
- Women and Equalities Committee – Elliot Colburn replaced Nickie Aiken as a member.
Northern Ireland Government
- Legal Services Board – Flora Page and Stephen Gowland appointed as non-lay members and Marina Gibbs reappointed as a lay member.
- Allerdale Borough Council – Andrew Seekings appointed as chief executive having been in the role on an interim basis.
- Brighton and Hove Council – Phelim Mac Cafferty became the leader of the council, replacing Labour’s Nancy Platts as the Green Party took control of the council.
- Staffordshire County Council – Alan White became leader of the council, replacing Philip Atkins.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refugee Council – Enver Soloman appointed as chief executive.
- The Fawcett Society – Sam Smethers to stand down as chief executive.
- Muslim Aid – Kashif Shabir replaced Jehangir Malik as chief executive on an interim basis.
- European Foundation Centre – Delphine Moralis to become chief executive in September, replacing Gerry Salole.
- Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis – Grazina Berr replaced Gary McMahon as chief executive.