Latest civil service & public affairs moves — July 6
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Prime Minister’s Office: David Frost appointed as the prime minister’s national security adviser from September 2020.
- Cabinet Office: Mark Sedwill to stand down as cabinet secretary, national security adviser and head of the civil service in September. He will also lead a new G7 panel on Global Economic Security as the UK assumes the presidency.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: National Lottery Community Fund - John Mothersole appointed England Chair; Kate Still appointed Scotland Chair; Gambling Commission – Stephen Cohen reappointed as a Commissioner from 12th November, for four years; British Library – Venki Ramakrishnan appointed as a Trustee for four years.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Diane Corner appointed as consul-general to Jerusalem from Spring, replacing Philip Hall; Anna Clunes has been appointed Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Republic of Poland in succession to Jonathan Knott; Paul Johnston has been appointed Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Ireland in succession to Robin Barnett.
- Ministry of Justice: Sentencing Council for England and Wales – Nick Ephgrave appointed as a Policing Member for three years.
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy: Magnox Ltd – Nigel Houlton to become future missions director.
- Home Office: Police Remuneration Review Body & National Crime Agency Remuneration Review Body - Kathryn Gray and Mark Hoble appointed as members.
- Department for Work and Pensions: Rachel Wolf and Eleanor Shawcross named as non-executive board members.
- Labour Party: Kate Green appointed shadow secretary of state for education
- Scottish National Party: Kirsty Blackman resigned as Deputy Leader in Westminster.
- Northern Ireland Government: Arts Council NI - Julie Andrews, Lynne Best, Liam Hannaway, Sean Kelly, Una McRory and Máirtín Ó Muilleoir named as members of the board.
- Wiltshire Council: Terence Herbert appointed as Chief Executive.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- British Property Federation: David Partridge to become President, replacing Helen Gordon; Guy Grainger to become Vice-President; Jessica Hardman to become a board member.
- UK Community Foundations: Rosemary Macdonald appointed as Chief Executive, having been in the role on an interim basis.
- The Oversight Trust: Assets for Common Good (formerly Big Society Trust) - Stuart Etherington named as Chair.
- WPI Strategy: Anna Wallace joined as an Associate.
- Edelman UK: Luciana Berger joined as Head of Public Affairs.