Latest civil service & public affairs moves — June 29
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Prime Minister’s Office – Countess Howe appointed as Lord-Lieutenant of the County of Buckinghamshire.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office – Sir Simon McDonald will stand down as permanent secretary and head of the diplomatic service in autumn 2020 and retire from the diplomatic service in spring 2020. Tiffany Sadler appointed ambassador to Slovenia from September 2020.
- Home Office: Migration Advisory Committee – Professor Brian Bell as appointed as chair from 1 July for three years.
- HM Treasury: Financial Conduct Authority – Nikhil Rathi appointed as chief executive for a five-year term.
- Department for Education: Office for Students – Sir Michael Barber to step down as chair in March 2021.
House of Lords
- Lord Feldman of Elstree is on a leave of absence since 22 June.
House of Commons
- Panel of Chairs – Rushanara Ali, Peter Dowd, Angela Eagle, Clive Efford, Julie Elliott, Yvonne Fovargue, Nusrat Ghani, Rupa Huq, Esther McVey, Sheryll Murray and Derek Twigg added as members.
- Selection committee – Iain Stewart discharged; James Morris added.
Political parties: Labour Party
- Rebecca Long Bailey is no longer shadow secretary of state for education; her replacement is still to be announced.
Devolved authorities: Northern Ireland Assembly
- Procedures Committee – Linda Dillon appointed as chair.
- Central Bedfordshire Council – Richard Carr to stand down as chief executive later this year.
- Gedling Borough Council – Mike Hill to be appointed chief executive on 15 July.
- Northampton Borough Council – Marion Goodman and Peter Baguley temporarily appointed as assistant interim chief executives.
- West Northamptonshire Shadow Authority – George Candler appointed as interim chief executive.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confederation of British Industry – Lord Bilimoria elected as president.
- Skills for Health – Erika Bannerman appointed as trustee and non-executive director of the board.
- Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust – Stacey Hunter appointed as chief executive.
- IFM Investors – Gregg McClymont appointed as executive sirector, public affairs (UK).