Latest civil service & public affairs moves — September 14
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Attorney General’s Office: Rowena Collins Rice to stand down as director general.
- Government Legal Department: Jonathan Jones to stand down as HM procurator general and Treasury solicitor and head of the Government Legal Service.
- Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government and Department for Transport: Simon Clarke resigned as minister of state for regional growth and local government; Luke Hall appointed as minister of state for regional growth and local government (formerly parliamentary under-secretary of state for rough sleeping and housing); Kelly Tolhurst appointed as parliamentary under-secretary of state for rough sleeping and housing (formerly parliamentary under-Secretary of state, Department for Transport); Robert Courts appointed as parliamentary under-secretary of state, Department for Transport (formerly parliamentary private secretary to the secretary of state, Department for Transport).
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy: Nuclear Decommissioning Authority – Hazel Blears appointed as social value specialist; Regulator of Community Interest Companies – Louise Smyth appointed as interim Regulator for six months, replacing Ceri Witchard.
- Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office: Alastair King-Smith has been appointed Her Majesty's ambassador to the Republic of Albania in succession to Duncan Norman; Nicholas Hopton has been appointed Her Majesty's abassador to Libya in succession to Martin Reynolds; Mark Gooding has been appointed Her Majesty’s ambassador to the Kingdom of Thailand; Kate Airey has been appointed British High Commissioner to the Republic of Uganda in succession to Peter West.
- Home Office: Security Industry Authority - Ian Todd to stand down as chief executive on 16th October.
House of Lords
- Lord Frost, the government's Brexit negotiator, has taken a leave of absence from the House of Lords
- Herefordshire Council: Alistair Neill to retire as chief executive in early 2021.
- Croydon Council: Katherine Kerswell appointed as interim chief executive.
- Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council: Ka Ng to become interim chief executive at the end of October.
- Canterbury City Council: Ben Fitter-Harding replaced Rob Thomas as leader of the council.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- Microsoft UK: Clare Barclay appointed as chief executive.