Latest civil service & public affairs moves — September 28
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Lord Keen stood down as advocate general for Scotland.
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Energy: UK Atomic Energy Authority: Paul Methven became the STEP (Spherical Tokamak for Energy Production) programme director; UK Accounting Standards Endorsement Board – Pauline Wallace appointed as the chair.
- Office of the Secretary of State for Scotland and Office of the Advocate General for Scotland: Ross Finnie, Martin Dorchester and Stuart Patrick named as Non-executive Board Members.
- Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office: John Rankin has been appointed Governor of the British Virgin Islandsl Corinne Kitsell has been appointed as UK Permanent Representative to the International Atomic Energy Agency and the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization in Vienna, replacing David Hall.
- Wales Audit Office: Lindsay Foyster to become chair on 17 October; Independent Remuneration Board of the Senedd – Elizabeth Haywood appointed as Chair and Hugh Widdis as board member.
- Covid-19 Committee: Stuart McMillan replaced Stewart Stevenson and Mark Ruskell replaced Ross Greer as a member; Culture, Tourism, Europe and External Affairs Committee - Stewart Stevenson replaced Stuart McMillan as a member; Standards, Procedures and Public Appointments Committee – Patrick Harvie replaced Mark Ruskell as a member.
- Cleveland Police and Crime Commissioner: Lisa Oldroyd named as acting police and crime commissioner, replacing Barry Coppinger until the May 2021 election.
- Durham County Council: Terry Collins to retire as chief executive.
- Burnley Borough Council: Charlie Briggs resigned as leader.
- Merton Council: Stephen Alambritis to stand down as leader on 18 November.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Universities and Colleges Admissions Service: John Cope to become director of strategy, policy and public affairs.
- Weber Shandwick – Ed Taylor promoted to become managing director, corporate affairs.
- Action on Hearing Loss: Harriet Oppenheimer has been appointed as new deputy chief executive.