Latest civil service & public affairs moves — August 5
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
See the makeup of the new government here: https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/government-and-public-sector/news/105501/updating-live-boris-johnsons-new-government-takes
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy: Nuclear Decommissioning Authority – Tom Smith to stand down as chair in February when his term ends; Radioactive Waste Management – Bruce McKirdy is to retire and stand down as managing director in March; Civil Nuclear Police Authority - Sue Scane joined as an independent member.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Marine Management Organisation – Tom McCormack to become chief executive in September.
- Ministry of Defence: Defence Equipment and Support - Mark Russell has been announced as the chair, starting in November.
- Local Authorities
- By-election Result 30 July: City of London Corporation – Dawn Linsey Wright elected for Coleman Street – Independent gain from Independent. (Stuart Fraser resigned).
- By-election Results 1 August: Stockport Council – Charles Gibson elected for Hazel Grove – Liberal Democrat hold. (Jon Twigge resigned); Huntingdonshire Council – Sarah Wilson elected for Godmanchester and Hemingford Abbots – Liberal Democrat hold. (David Underwood resigned).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- Royal College of Physicians: Wajid Hussain appointed as the clinical director for digital health.
- Heart Research UK: Kate Bratt-Farrar appointed as chief executive, replacing Barbara Harpham.
- Volunteering Matters: Paul Reddish to replace Oonagh Aitken as chief executive.
- Transparency International UK: Daniel Bruce will become chief executive in the autumn.
- Association of Police and Crime Commissioners: Katy Bourne was elected as chair.
Home Office perm sec resigns over Priti Patel row and vows to sue government for 'constructive dismissal'
Resignation comes as he claims home secretary shouted and swore at Home Office staff
The UK government should look west for ideas on fostering security innovation from the tech...
Serco Health director Abi Tierney will lead HM Passport Office and UK Visas and Immigration
No.10 accused of using special advisers to circumvent civil service recruitment rules as job website launches
FDA union says divorcing spads from ministers means the role essentially becomes a policy...
How can local authorities and government departments ensure that civil servants are able to...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...