Latest civil service & public affairs moves — November 18
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Northern Ireland Office: Independent Commission for the Location of Victims’ Remains – Kenneth Bloomfield to stand down as UK Commissioner.
- Home Office: Migration Advisory Committee - Alan Manning has been reappointed as chair.
- Office of Gas and Electricity Markets: Jonathan Brearley to start as chief executive on 1 February.
- Allerdale Council: Ian Frost to stand down as chief executive.
- Telford & Wrekin Council: David Sidaway to become chief executive on 8 January.
- By-election Results: City of London Corporation - Helen Fentiman elected for Aldersgate - Labour hold (caused by the resignation of Labour Common Councilman Richard Crossen); Highland council – Emma Roddick elected for Inverness Central – Scottish National Party hold (caused by the resignation of Scottish National Party council Richard Laird); Fife council – Derek Glen elected for Dunfermline Centrel – Scottish National Party gain (caused by the resignation of Conservative councillor Alan Craig); Fife council – Sharon Green-Wilson elected for Rosyth – Scottish National Party hold (caused by the resignation of Scottish National Party councillor Sam Steele); Eden council – Neil McCall elected for Shap – Liberal Democrat gain (caused by the resignation of Conservative councillor John Owen); Neath Port Talbot council – Marcia Spooner elected for Rhos – Plaid Cymru gain (caused by the resignation of Labour councillor Alex Thomas); Powys council – Liz Rijnenberg elected for St Mary – Labour gain (caused by the resignation of Conservative councillor Sarah Lewis); Torbay council – Jane Barnby elected for Goodrington with Roselands – Conservative gain (caused by the resignation of Liberal Democrat councillor Rick Heyse); Tunbridge Wells council – Justine Rutland elected for Culverden – Liberal Democrat gain (caused by the death of Conservative councillor Ronen Basu).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancer Research UK: Philip Almond as executive director of fundraising and marketing, replacing Ed Aspel from December.
- Comic Relief: Alex Reid to become chief executive in March.
- British Heart Foundation: Charmaine Griffiths to replace Simon Gillespie as chief executive at the end of the year.
- Water UK: Christine McGourty to become chief executive.
- Association of Short Term Lenders: Vic Jannels to replace Benson Hersch as chief executive in January.
Cabinet secretary says greater use of automation will allow for better rates
High Court move will challenge government’s failure to reduce contributions following...
“EU Exit is a big thing and it creates pressures that weren’t there before”, the civil service’s...
Appointments suggest "fuller merger at later date", IfG senior fellow says
How can local authorities and government departments ensure that civil servants are able to...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...