Latest civil service & public affairs moves — January 25
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Cabinet Office – Deputy cabinet secretary Helen MacNamara to stand down in February.
- Home Office – Minister of State James Brokenshire MP is taking leave from the role to have surgery.
- Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office – Simon Thomas has been appointed Her Majesty’s ambassador to the Republic of Croatia in succession to Andrew Dalgleish. Lindsay Skoll has been appointed Her Majesty’s ambassador to Austria and UK Permanent Representative to the UN in Vienna in succession to Leigh Turner. Jon Benjamin has been appointed Her Majesty’s ambassador to Mexico in succession to Ms Corin Robertson in August.
- HM Revenue and Customs – Myrtle Lloyd to become director-general, customer service in March.
- Attorney General’s Office – Andrew T. Cayley appointed as Her Majesty's chief inspector of the crown prosecution inspectorate
- Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government – Eddie Hughes MP appointed as parliamentary under-secretary of state for Rough Sleeping and Housing, replacing Kelly Tolhurst MP.
- Ministry of Defence – Mariette Hughes named as the next service complaints ombudsman for the UK armed forces.
- Prime Minister’s Office – Helen Grant MP appointed as special envoy on girls’ education.
Houses of Parliament
House of Lords
- Duke of Norfolk granted leave of absence from 18th January.
House of Commons
- Future Relationship with the European Union Committee – has disbanded.
- Backbench Business Committee – Imran Ahmad Khan replaced Fiona Bruce as a member.
Scottish National Party
- Deidre Brock MP appointed as shadow spokesperson for COP26, in addition to her role as Spokesperson for environment, food and rural affairs, and Brendan O’Hara MP will deputise.
- Alun Davies suspended from the Labour parliamentary group.
Northern Ireland Assembly
- Procedures committee – Carál Ní Chuilín replaced Linda Dillon as chair, John O’Dowd no longer a member.
- Lichfield District Council – Diane Tilley to stand down as chief executive in May.
- Woking Borough Council – Julie Fisher to replace Ray Morgan as chief executive in April.
- Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council – Lisa Mytton appointed as leader of the council.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- I Can – Jane Harris to become chief executive, replacing Bob Reitemeier who retires at the end of March.
- Parkinson’s UK – Shān Nicholas to replace Steve Ford as chief executive on an interim basis