Latest civil service & public affairs moves — March 8
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Law officers: Suella Braverman designated as a Minister on Leave (Attorney General) until the autumn; Michael Ellis appointed as Attorney General (formerly Solicitor General); Lucy Frazer appointed as Solicitor General (formerly Minister of State for Prisons and Probation).
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Energy: Ben Golding appointed as acting director general, net zero buildings and industry; Cath Bremner appointed as acting director general, net zero strategy and international; Julian Critchlow is no longer director general, energy transformation and clean growth; Regulatory Policy Committee – Stephen Gibson confirmed as preferred candidate for chair, having been in the role on an interim basis; Coal Authority – Jeff Halliwell appointed as Chair, replacing Stephen Dingle on 1st April.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: Gambling Commission – John Baillie and Catharine Seddon reappointed as commissioners.
- Home Office: HM Passport Office - Abi Tierney replaced Myrtle Lloyd as Registrar General for England and Wales.
- Ministry of Justice: Judicial Appointments and Conduct Ombudsman – Douglas Marshall appointed as the ombudsman.
- Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office: Mark Matthews has been appointed Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Republic of Chad, replacing Rowan Laxton; Christian Dennys-McClure has been appointed British High Commissioner to the Republic of Cameroon and Her Majesty's non-resident Ambassador to the Republic of Equatorial Guinea in succession to Mr Rowan Laxton; Harriet Thompson has been appointed British High Commissioner to the Republic of Ghana and Non-resident British High Commissioner to the Republic of Benin; Ian Collard has been appointed Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Lebanese Republic; Louise de Sousa took office as Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Chile.
- Department for Work and Pensions: Health and Safety Executive – Elaine Bailey appointed as non-executive director.
- Cabinet Office: Darren Tierney appointed as director general, propriety and ethics, starting on 22nd March.
- Office of Rail and Road: John Larkinson confirmed as the chief executive, having been in the role on an interim basis.
Northern Ireland Government
- Northern Ireland Museums Council – Nora Douds appointed as Chair and Kelly Robinson and Nuala Toman as Directors to the Board.
- Armagh Observatory and Planetarium: Greg Cox appointed as Trustee to the Board of Governors.
- Northern Ireland Medical and Dental Training Agency: Derek Maguire and Lee Wilson reappointed as Non-Executive Members.
- Drainage Council for Northern Ireland: Alan Strong, Andrew Wilson and Brendan Kerr had their appointments as members extended until 30th June.
- Redbridge Council – Lesley Seary to replace Andy Donald as chief executive on an interim basis from the end of March.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- Brevia Consulting: Mike Thompson appointed as Chair of Brevia Health and a member of the Advisory Board.
- Newmarket Strategy: Berkeley Greenwood, Lord O’Shaugnessy and Ed Jones’s new consultancy launched this week.