Latest civil service & public affairs moves – September 20
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
Reshuffle: Details of the new government, with comparisons to the old government can be found here
- Cabinet Office: Government Communication Service – Simon Baugh appointed chief executive. Executive Director Alex Aiken will stay with the service during a transition period.
- Ministry of Defence: National Shipbuilding Office – Rear Admiral Rex Cox appointed as Chief Executive.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: Horserace Betting Levy Board – Lord Risby re-appointed to a third term as a Member from 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2025.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Natural England – Clare Fitzsimmons appointed as board member for three years from 12 September to 11 September 2024. Lord Blencathra, Catherine Dugmore and Henry Robinson re-appointed as board members from 12 September to 11 March 2024; Veterinary Medicines Directorate – Abigail Seager appointed as chief executive, succeeding Professor Pete Borriello who is retiring.
- Home Office: Dame Cressida Dick’s term as Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Service has been extended by two years until 9 April 2024.
- Ministry of Justice: Prison Service Pay Review Body – Leslie Manasseh MBE re-appointed as Member for one year until 16 August 2022.
- Valuation Office Agency: Jonathan Russell appointed chief executive.
- National Library of Wales – Ashok Ahir appointed as interim president of the board.
Uttlesford District Council – Peter Holt appointed as Chief Executive. He is expected to start in early October.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donaldson Trust: Sean Duffy to become chairman.
- Marie Curie UK: Maria Novell to succeed Meredith Niles as Executive Director of Fundraising and Engagement.
- UK Green Building Council: Chris Oglesby and Estelle Bailey appointed to Board of Trustees.
- Trades Union Congress: Sue Ferns elected as president.