- Prime Minister’s Office: Simon Case appointed as Principal Private Secretary to David Cameron.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Veterinary Products Committee - Karin Burnett, Jason Weeks, Jonathan Statham and Mark Jelley appointed as members.
- HM Treasury: Nicholas Macpherson to stand down as Permanent Secretary in March.
- HMRC: Chief Executive Lin Homer to stand down in April.
- National Infrastructure Commission: Phil Graham appointed as Chief Executive.
- Ministry of Justice: HM Inspectorate of Prisons for England and Wales - Peter Clarke to replace Nick Hardwick as Chief Inspector from 1st February; HM Inspectorate of Probation – Glenys Stacey to replace Paul Wilson as Chief Inspector from 1st February.
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport: Historic England - Nicholas Boys Smith, Paul Baker, Neil Mendoza, Rosemarie MacQueen and Charles O'Brien appointed as Commissioners. British Museum - Elizabeth Corley, Muriel Gray, Paul Ruddock, Mark Price and Nemat (Minouche) Shafik appointed as trustees.
- Department of Health: National Institute for Health and Care Excellence - Rosie Benneyworth appointed as Non-Executive Director.
- Department of Energy and Climate Change: Coal Authority – Gemma Pearce appointed as a Non-Executive Board member.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Peter West has been appointed British High Commissioner to the Republic of Uganda; Nicholas Hopton has been appointed Chargé d'Affaires to Iran; Dominic Jermey has been appointed Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan; Julian King has been appointed Her Majesty's Ambassador to the French Republic.
- Department for Communities and Local Government: Homes and Communities Agency - Kevin Parry appointed Interim Chair.
- Environment Agency: Sir Philip Dilley has resigned as Chairman – deputy Chair Emma Howard Boyd becomes acting Chair.
- Office of Rail and Road: Joanna Whittington to replace Richard Price as Chief Executive.
Houses of Parliament:
- House of Lords: Lord Soulsby of Swaffham Prior (Conservative, Life Peer) retired on 31st December;Lord Ezra (Liberal Democrat, Life Peer) died 22nd December.
- House of Commons: Mohammed Amal (Kamal) El-Hajji has been appointed Serjeant at Arms.
- Appointments made: Emily Thornberry as Shadow Secretary of State for Defence; Maria Eagle as Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport; Pat Glass as Shadow Minister for Europe; Emma Lewell-Buck as Shadow Minister for Devolution and Local Government; Kate Hollern as Shadow Minister for Defence; Jenny Chapman as Shadow Minister for Education; Jo Stevens as Shadow Minister for Justice; Andy McDonald as Shadow Minister for Transport; Angela Rayner as Shadow Minister for Work and Pensions; Fabian Hamilton as Shadow Minister for Foreign Affairs.
- Removals made: Michael Dugher as Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport; Pat McFadden as Shadow Minister for Europe.
- Resignations: Jonathan Reynolds as Shadow Minister for Rail; Stephen Doughty as Shadow Minister for Foreign Office; Kevan Jones as Shadow Minister for Armed Forces; Catherine McKinnell as Shadow Attorney General.
- Northern Ireland Assembly: Gerard Diver introduced as the new SDLP MLA for Foyle, replacing Pat Ramsey; Daniel McCrossan introduced as the new SDLP MLA for West Tyrone, replacing Joe Byrne.
- Scottish Government: Lord Carloway appointed as Lord President.
Industry & public affairs
- Unicef – Kirsty Young named as the new President.
- Nuffield Foundation – Tim Gardam appointed as Chief Executive from September.
- National Farmers' Union – Terry Jones named as Director-General.
- The Investment Association – Navdeep Sidhu appointed as Public Policy Manager.
- Association of School and College Leaders - David Carter has been appointed as the new National Schools Commissioner.
- Institute for Public Policy Research – Tom Kibasi to become Director in April.
- MHP Communications – Ed Davey has joined as Senior Adviser.
- Ryanair – Cristian Samoilovich appointed as the first Head of Public Affairs.
More on HR, Skills & Personal Development
Leadership: finding and nurturing future civil service talent