Latest civil service & public affairs moves – November 22
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Cabinet Office: Government Property Agency – Debra Soper appointed as chief operating officer.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: Sport England – Natalie Ceeney CBE re-appointed as deputy chair and board member until 31 May 2022; Dr Rashmi Becker MBE re-appointed as board member until 22 July 2024.
- Department of Health and Social Care: National Institute for Health and Care Excellence – Professor Bee Wee CBE appointed as non-executive director for 3 years from 1 December.
- Home Office: Security Industry Authority – Michelle Russell appointed as chief executive.
- Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority (GLAA) – Julia Mulligan appointed as chair
Houses of Parliament
House of Lords
- Bishop of Exeter and Bishop of Liverpool were introduced to the House of Lords on 15 November.
- Lord Hacking (Labour) elected to the House of Lords via a hereditary peer by-election.
- Neil Shastri-Hurst selected as parliamentary candidate for the North Shropshire by-election taking place on 16 December.
- Ben Wood selected as parliamentary candidate for the North Shropshire by-election taking place on 16 December.
- Helen Morgan selected as parliamentary candidate for the North Shropshire by-election taking place on 16 December.
- John-Paul (JP) Marks appointed as permanent secretary to the Scottish Government from 5 January 2022.
- Constitutional Commission – Dr Anwen Elias, Miguela Gonzalez, Michael Marmot, Lauren McEvatt, Albert Owen, Philip Rycroft, Shavanah Taj, Kirsty Williams and Leanne Wood appointed as commissioners.
Northern Ireland Executive
- Public Health Agency – Andrew Dougal re-appointed as non-executive chair from 1 December to 31 May 2023; Robert Irvine and Philip Brett appointed as local government representative directors and Anne Henderson appointed as non-executive (finance) director from 12 October to 11 October 2025.
- Cambridgeshire County Council – Stephen Moir appointed as chief executive from February 2022.
- Haringey Council – Zina Etheridge stepping down as chief executive
- Renfrewshire Council – Alan Russell, currently the council’s director of finance and resources, appointed as chief executive from the end of November.
- Scottish Borders Council – Councillor Shona Haslam to stand down as council leader. A new leader will be chosen on 25 November.
- Somerset West and Taunton Council – Andrew Pritchard appointed as new chief executive.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- Centre for Economics and Business Research – Martin Piers appointed chair from 1 January 2022, succeeding Bruce Warman, who will remain on the Cebr board.
- Growing Faith Foundation – Lucy Moore appointed as head.
- Hospice UK – Tracey Bleakley is to stand down as chief executive at the end of 2021.
- The Prince’s Foundation – Michael Fawcett has resigned as chief executive.
- Sight Scotland and Sight Scotland Veterans – Craig Spalding appointed as chief executive from 24 January 2022.