Latest civil service & public affairs moves — November 30
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- HM Revenue & Customs: Jayne-Anne Gadhia to become chair in January, replacing Mervyn Walker.
- Pembrokeshire Council: Richard Brown appointed as interim chief executive, replacing Ian Westley at the end of the month.
- South Tyneside Council: Tracey Dixon named as leader after Iain Malcolm resigned from the role and the party.
- Central Bedfordshire Council: James Jamieson to stand down as leader in January.
- By-election results 26 November: Perth and Kinross Council – Ian Massie elected for Perth City North – Scottish National Party hold. (Dave Doogan resigned); Liz Barrett elected for Perth City South – Liberal Democrat gain from Scottish National Party (Bob Band died).
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guide Dogs for the Blind Association: Rory Palmer joined as senior public affairs and campaigns manager.
- Versus Arthritis: Liam O’Toole to retire as chief executive next year.
- RSPCA: John Kerslake promoted to become deputy chief executive.
- Changing Faces: Becky Hewitt to stand down as chief executive.