Latest civil service & public affairs moves — May 10
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Department for International Trade – Louise Cantillon appointed as British consul general to New South Wales and deputy trade commissioner Asia Pacific.
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy: OneWeb – Rob Woodward appointed as non-executive director. Innovate UK – Indro Mukerjee appointed as chief executive. Regulatory Policy Committee – Stephen Gibson named as chair, having been in the role on an interim basis. Insolvency Service – Gary Kildare, Samantha Durrant and Rob Hunt named as non-executive board members.
- Department of Health and Social Care: NHS Digital – Simon Bolton appointed as interim chief executive, replacing Sarah Wilkinson on 4th June.
- Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency – Alison Cave to join as chief safety officer. Commission on Human Medicines – Amanda Adler, Sandosh Padmanabhan, Steve Cunningham and Yvonne Perrie have been appointed as commissioners.
- Ministry of Justice: Youth Justice Board for England and Wales – Claudia Sturt to replace Colin Allars as chief executive. Criminal Cases Review Commission – Helen Pitcher reappointed as chair.
- HM Treasury: UK Infrastructure Bank – Chris Grigg appointed as chair.
- Ministry of Defence: UK Hydrographic Office – Peter Sparkes appointed as chief executive, having been in the role on an interim basis, and Rhett Hatcher will become national hydrographer.
Houses of Parliament
House of Commons
- Jill Mortimer was elected as Conservative MP for Hartlepool (Conservative gain from Labour).
Contact your political consultant for details of how to access results sheets from 6th May’s elections which will be collated over the weekend for the Welsh Parliament, Scottish Parliament, Greater London Assembly, police and crime Ccmmissioners and combined authority mayors.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- Kier – Sophie Timms promoted to become director, corporate affairs and Alpna Amar to become director, corporate development.
- Deloitte – Lisa Stott to join as managing partner, tax and legal and Jackie Henry as managing partner, people and purpose.
- British Chambers of Commerce – Shevaun Haviland joined as director general.
- Chartered Institute of Fundraising – Dhivya O’Connor appointed as chief executive on an interim basis.