Latest civil service & public affairs moves — September 7
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Simon Case appointed as cabinet secretary and head of the civil service, replacing Mark Sedwill on 9th September.
- Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office: James Cleverly appointed as Minister of State (Minister for Middle East and North Africa); Lord Goldsmith appointed as Minister of State (Minister for Pacific and the Environment); Nigel Adams appointed as Minister of State (Minister for Asia); Lord Ahmad of Wimbledon appointed as Minister of State (Minister for South Asia and the Commonwealth); James Duddridge appointed as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Minister for Africa); Wendy Morton appointed as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Minister for European Neighbourhood and the Americas); Baroness Sugg appointed as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State (Minister for the Overseas Territories and Sustainable Development).
- Ministry of Justice: Independent Monitoring Boards – Anne Owens to remain as national xhair.
- Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government: UK Holocaust Memorial Foundation - Jon Cunliffe, Mona Siddiqui and Matthew Westerman have been appointed to the board.
- Northern Ireland Office: Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission - Helen Henderson, Jonathan Kearney, David Lavery, Maura Muldoon, Eddie Rooney and Stephen White appointed as past-time commissioners.
- HMRC: Daljit Rehal has been appointed as Chief Digital and Information Officer from 14th September.
- Welsh Parliament: Caroline Jones left the Brexit Party and now sits as Independent.
- Scottish Parliament: Education and Skills Committee - Kenneth Gibson appointed to replace Gail Ross as a member; Equalities and Human Rights Committee - Gillian Martin appointed to replace Angela Constance as a member; Justice Committee - Annabelle Ewing appointed to replace Alasdair Allan as a member; Local Government and Communities Committee - Keith Brown appointed to replace Kenneth Gibson and Gail Ross appointed to replace Annabelle Ewing as members.
- Cambridge City Council: Andrew Grant to become interim chief executive from 1st October, replacing Antoinette Jackson.
- South Holland District Council: Anna Graves to stand down as chief executive in the autumn.
- Pembrokeshire Council: Ian Westley to stand down as chief executive by the end of November.
- Shropshire Council: Andy Begley to become chief executive.
- Northumberland County Council: Peter Jackson removed as leader with Glen Sanderson replacing him temporarily.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at email@example.com
- National Emergencies Trust: Mhairi Sharp to become interim chief executive, replacing John Herriman.
- British Dyslexia Association: Nick Posford to become chief executive.
- Alzheimer's Research UK: Susan Kohlhaas appointed as director of research.
- Trade Associations
- BMA: Greg Beales appointed as communications and policy director.