Latest civil service & public affairs moves – November 29
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Prime Minister's Office – The Reverend Canon Lusa Nsenga-Ngoy’s nomination to the Suffragan See of Willesden approved, succeeding The Right Reverend Peter Broadbent who resigned on 30 September.
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy: Companies House – Louise Smyth appointed President of Corporate Registers Forum. Labour Market Enforcement – Margaret Beels OBE appointed as Director. UK Atomic Energy Authority – Sir Stephen Hillier and Richard Hookway appointed as Non-executive Directors to the Board for three years.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport – Bim Afolami appointed PPS to Nadine Dorries as Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. Creative Industry Council – Sir Peter Bazalgette appointed Co-Chair, succeeding Tim Davie CBE from 1 December.
- Department for Education: Education and Skills Funding Agency – Anthony Impey MBE appointed Chair for three years, Kathryn Marshall appointed as Vice-chair and Emma Beauchamp appointed as Co Vice-chair of the Apprenticeship Ambassador Network.
- Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office – John Lamont appointed PPS to Elizabeth Truss as Foreign Secretary and Minister for Women and Equalities.
- Home Office – Dame Elish Angiolini QC appointed to Chair the Sarah Everard Inquiry. Migration Advisory Committee – Madeleine Sumption MBE re-appointed as Member for three years from July 2022. Police Remuneration Review Body and National Crime Agency Remuneration Review Body – Andy Bliss’ appointment as Interim Chair of both bodies has been extended for 3 months until 21 February 2022.
- Ministry of Justice: Family Procedure Rule Committee – Michael Seath re-appointed as Member until 10 September 2024.
- Government Actuary’s Department – Bev Messinger appointed as a Non-executive Director for three years until November 2024.
Houses of Parliament
House of Commons
- Housing, Communities and Local Government Select Committee re-named to Levelling Up, Housing and Communities Select Committee.
All-Party Groups added to latest register:
- Afrikan Reparations
- Bees and Pollinators
- Extreme Poverty
- Investment Fraud
Scottish Borders Council – Mark Rowley (Con) elected as Leader of the Council.
Police and Crime Commissioners
- North Yorkshire Police, Fire and Commissioner – by-election took place on 25 November. Currently no candidate has received more than 50% of the valid first preference votes cast in the election. The contest will therefore proceed to the counting of second preference votes, with Zoe Appleton-Metcalfe (Con) and Emma Scott-Spivey (Lab) remaining in the contest.
If you and your organisation would like to be included in this section, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- British Beer and Pub Association – Henry Jamieson appointed as Director of Communications and Marketing.
- British Red Cross – Elizabeth Padmore will succeed David Bernstein as Chair in January 2022.
- Cancer Research – Luke Robinson appointed as Director of Communications from February 2022.
- Combat Stress – Jeff Harrison appointed Chief Executive; he has been Interim Chief Executive since January.
- Small Charities Coalition – Steven Kirkpatick has stepped down as Chair and will be succeeded by Joyce Fraser.
- Young Women's Trust – Claire Reindorp appointed Chief Executive.